[AG-TECH] RE : ag-vic2.8ucl 1.4-0ubuntu7 (and VPCscreen and Bridges)

D'ANFRAY Philippe philippe.d-anfray at cea.fr
Thu Mar 18 13:34:12 CDT 2010

Bonsoir,

1) I do not know if it is limited to that case but this is exactly how the problem was discovered here!
(senders in multicast and receivers using a bridge).

2) By the way... is this related to a strange behaviour in VPCscreen. I posted something some times ago
and the fact is that vpcscreen can only be received if the sender uses a bridge. When we use multicast
only "local" clients (on the same site) are able to receive the corresponding video stream.
This behavior can be reproduced here on two differents sites (CEA and Ecole Polytechnique)

This means that when we transmit a seminar we use multicast except for the "speaker's PC" where we
have to launch a client using a bridge (instead of a simple service manager..).

3) A propos de "Our vanishing bridge", it disappears from the list but it is still functional,
if you have it in your preferences you can use it but if you purge the cache it does not show up any more.

Cordialement

Philippe