[AG-TECH] Disabled Bridge

Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
Mon Jul 19 15:26:45 CDT 2010

On 07/19/2010 01:20 PM, Chris Willing wrote:
> Todd,
>
> In the Tools->Preferences->Bridging window, where the visible bridges
> are listed as Enabled or Disabled, you can right click on the Disabled
> label and manually change the status to Enabled. After a Save, the
> manually reenabled bridge will appear in the Tools->Bridges list.

Right, thanks. Forgot to mention the behavior when we tried to manually
enable.

We did attempt to manually enable the bridge (as noted) and that did
indeed show the bridge as available in the Tools=>Bridges list; however,
the user was still not able to successfully connect to the requested
bridge.  My recollection (I'd have to go back and retest) is that after
selecting the newly enabled bridge, the services didn't restart - thus
never connected to the new bridge.

For completness, I should have manually tried connecting Vic/Rat to the
bridge; however, I made the assumption that it would work since the user
was able to ping the bridge.  I'll go back and retest to confirm if no
other solution is offered.

Todd