[AG-TECH] ubuntu 9.10 + AG 3.2 beta

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 19 05:51:36 CST 2009

On 19/11/2009, at 10:03 AM, Porfirio Gaona wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, I have some actions to do.
>
> 1.- I have to connect just 1 capture card (preferable on a different
> slot).

Porfirio,

I've just noticed that I also have the "IRQF_DISABLED is not
guaranteed on shared IRQs" message on at least one of our machines.
yet the vic video works fine i.e. you may not have a hardware problem
at all.

That definitely makes Andrew's suggestion about a permissions problem
something to consider.

> 2.- Change permissions under /dev/video* (thanks Andrew Leahy).   My
> username is on administrator group (I can make "sudo" commands), but
> it can be a reason to no detect my capture cards on my AG 3.2 beta.

Any user should be able to access the /dev/video* devices provided
they are a member of /dev/video*'s group - thats usually the "video"
group. You can check whether you are a member of the group by running
the command:
     groups
which will return a list of the groups the current user is a member
of. If you are not a member of the video group, add yourself to it in
the /etc/group file. After any changes to this file, you may need to
log in again for the changes to have an effect (at least on the
"groups" command).

chris