[AG-TECH] Thu 19th Feb - Video Research and Development Projects

Martin Turner Martin.Turner at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 10:55:22 CST 2009

E-Dance and AG-Tech members,

"Repository of Access Grid Collaborative Events (RACE) Workshop; 19th February 2009, CS1.10, Kilburn Building, University of Manchester (GMT) 10am-12noon"

Next Thursday (morning) we are doing a demonstration of Video based research/development projects - including eDance - and the Data Repository (RACE) which we have been asked to test/build to support this activity; and the CREW event recording system.

We will go through some of the research and development projects - and a free lunch. Please register even if remote.
http://www.rcs.manchester.ac.uk/community/confevents/RACEWorkshop

Could you please invite people to this; thanks in advance,

This event will be Access Grid enabled (although apologies to those across the Atlantic for the timing): see below

Thanks, yours Martin

Blogs FYI:
http://projects.kmi.open.ac.uk/e-dance/
http://www.crew-vre.net/ http://crew.rcs.manchester.ac.uk/Crew/

=======
Access Grid Information

Anyone wishing to view a seminar via Access Grid should note the following. Please check the Jabber room shortly before the start of the seminar to find if ScreenStreamer is to be used.

Virtual Venue
Access Grid Support Centre Virtual Venue: University of Manchester Room1:10

Jabber Room
university-of-manchester-(1.10) (sam.ag.manchester.ac.uk)@conference.mcs.anl.gov

ScreenStreamer
    *  Preferably use ScreenStreamer software - go to http://www.memetic-vre.net/software/ScreenStreamer/ScreenStreamer.php and select room "University of Manchester (1.10)" from the AGSC section. Grab the screen feed (by clicking on it) from the screenstreamer window and resize it - more info can be found on http://www.memetic-vre.net/software/ScreenStreamer.
    * Alternatively, the screenshot (not animated) can be accessed at http://192.150.184.66:7890 (this IP might change for some sessions - please check Jabber).

For technical assistance regarding the Access Grid, please contact the Access Grid Support Centre. Non-UK Access Grid nodes are advised to contact the Access Grid Support Centre to check connectivity before the date of the seminar.