[AG-TECH] Hardwire control of cameras

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Feb 4 23:05:18 CST 2009

G'day John

I hope to be embarking on a project that involves remote controlling of
Access Grid equipment that includes Cameras in the near future.

The project will utilise an AMX NI2000 controller to be able to control
Sony EVI-D100 cameras and various projectors (The AMX NI2000 controller
should also be able to control Sony EVI-D170 cameras).  The hope is to
create a web interface to be able to control the AV equipment.  We also
hope to use a eepc as a cheap touch screen as well.  Also, I believe you
can even use an iphone to interface to the AMX system to be able to
control the equipment as well.

I hope to be able to start and implement this project in around 2 months
time.  I will be documenting this project once completed for any that
are interested.

Additionally for your interest, an old project "AG Device Control"
(found at http://www.accessgrid.org/projects) looked at remote
controlling of equipment over the AG.

Cheers,
Jason.