[AG-TECH] Recording and streaming access grid session using Windows Media Encoder or VLC

Andrew Ford acf0659 at rit.edu
Wed Feb 4 14:19:00 CST 2009

Hi Tom,

Just FYI, I can't seem to compile AGVCRToMPEG2, and there are some other
reasons this won't compile out of the box for most other people:

1) it won't compile on g++ 4.3 - there are a number of instances of
<string.h> and other c libraries that need to be changed to <cstring>, etc
2) the script for compiling AGVCRToMPEG2.cpp won't find avformat.h, as it
has -I/path/to/ffmpeg/libavformat and a few other subdirectories whereas a
recent version of libavformat (svn20080206) seems to put them straight in
/usr/include/ffmpeg

After fixing all that I get the error:
VPCMPEG2TSConsumer.cpp:73: error: cannot convert 'ByteIOContext**' to
'ByteIOContext*' for argument '1' to 'int url_fclose(ByteIOContext*)'

I'm not sure if this is g++ 4.3 being specifically finicky about pointer
casting or what - I haven't had much time to actually dive into this code
and see if there's a way around it. Any ideas?

Also, in the future I'd definitely be interested in expanding this to be
more comprehensive - adding h264 decoding support is up there, plus I'd like
to see if it's possible to make something out of this that would decode and
tile/aggregate all videos from a venue in realtime to throw it somewhere
else for streaming purposes.

--Andrew