[AG-TECH] Receiving audio from other RTP apps in RAT?

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:36:13 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Andrew Ford <andrew.ford at rit.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to receive audio sent from other
> RTP-compliant applications in RAT? I've been experimenting with transcoding
> audio with gstreamer and sending it back out via multicast RTP, which can be
> received by other gstreamer instances as well as VLC, but RAT acts a little
> strange. The sender shows up in the participant list, and it seems like the
> "talk" is on, but the highlighting blinks intermittently and it shows 0.0
> b/s on the listen meter. Specifically I'm trying to send regular 16-bit,
> 44.1khz PCM audio (sent as RTP payload type 10). Has anyone gotten anything
> like this to work?

Andrew, while this is not an RTP stream, I have been able to software
mix the output of the Line Out back into RAT. I use it very frequently
for audio test situations where somebody needs to check their audio if
I am already gone for the night. I leave Amarok running in the
background playing my playlist and I set RAT to use the "mix" input.
This works perfectly with Slackware 13 and KDE4.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility