[AG-TECH] Receiving audio from other RTP apps in RAT?

Andrew Ford andrew.ford at rit.edu
Tue Dec 15 11:25:15 CST 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to receive audio sent from other
RTP-compliant applications in RAT? I've been experimenting with transcoding
audio with gstreamer and sending it back out via multicast RTP, which can be
received by other gstreamer instances as well as VLC, but RAT acts a little
strange. The sender shows up in the participant list, and it seems like the
"talk" is on, but the highlighting blinks intermittently and it shows 0.0
b/s on the listen meter. Specifically I'm trying to send regular 16-bit,
44.1khz PCM audio (sent as RTP payload type 10). Has anyone gotten anything
like this to work?

Thanks,
--Andrew