[AG-TECH] Python applications could not be executed - Windows XP AG3-1

Khanh ly khanhly at wasp.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 15 01:41:23 CST 2009

Hello All,

We have set up a multi-node system consisting of two machines running
Windows XP and AG3-1 sucessfully.

Recently, one machine (video producer) got corrupted and we
reinstalled windows XP and AG-3-1 (one package) from the scratch.

When we try to run AGServiceManager3.py or VenueVNCserver.py under cmd
windows we got the error
"The system can not execute the specified program".

We logged in as a user with computer administrator authority.  We
added a path to c;\python24 as well.

However, if we use windows explorer and mouse click on the
AGServiceManager.py then it seems running OK. We can not do this for
VenueVNCserver3.py because we do not know how to specify the arguments.

Help please

Regards

khanh

Khanh Ly
Computer Support Officer
Western Australian Supercomputer Program (WASP)
The University of Western Australia
M024
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009