[AG-TECH] Mac OS 10.5.5 - bridges, mouse clicks

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sun Nov 9 23:05:31 CST 2008

On 10/11/2008, at 11:48 AM, Richard Rodgers wrote:

[snip]
> On a separate note, though, when it first came up, it tested 31
> bridges, then complained that
> bridges were disabled and suggested that I look in Preferences to
> remedy that.  I opened
> Preferences, and selected "Bridging," and indeed every bridge
> appears as "Disabled."  Above
> the list of bridges the popup instructs one to "Right-click a
> bridge below to enable or disable it."
> I have no clue what they mean by "right-click" on a Mac.  I tried
> holding down the Control, Option, and Command keys while clicking
> (suggested by tricks used by X Windows on the
> Mac), to no avail.  How do I turn on those bridges?  :)

Rick,

The general right-click trick is to hold down the Control key alone
and simultaneously click the mouse.

Bridges initially become disabled in the bridge preferences dialog as
a result of the testing phase you mentioned. Additionally you can
disable them via the right-click menu. It is only this second
category of bridges that you can enable i.e. bridges you previously
manually disabled. I'm pretty sure you cannot enable bridges that
were disabled automatically during the testing phase.

You may find that testing the bridges again will bring some of them
into the enabled category. You can force such a complete retesting of
the bridges using the Purge button at the bottom right of the
Preference's "Bridging" tab.

chris

> Todd Zimmerman wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 16:07 -0400, R. P. C. Rodgers wrote:
>>
>>> Dear AG Colleagues,
>>>
>>> The very latest AG package, 3.2 beta 1, claims to work on the
>>> Intel Mac under Mac OS X 10.5 --
>>> but it refuses to start on my 10.5.5 machines.  Can someone
>>> remind me of where to look for the
>>> appropriate log files to start trying to figure out the problem?
>>> Alternatively, is there a known
>>> problem using it under 10.5.5?  Thanks in advance for any guidance.
>>>

>> I'm currently running 3.2 beta (build 1) on a 10.5.5 intel laptop and
>> all seems to be working fine (except the usual audio issues).
>>

>> I believe the logs can be found in ~/.AccessGrid3/Logs
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Todd

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland