[AG-TECH] Recording own audio/video locally with AGVCR

Ben Green ben.green at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 11:16:42 CDT 2008

Is it possible to use AGVCR as a 'DVR'?

I want to record the output from multiple cameras/mics connected to my laptop (at that time, not connected to a virtual venue), and then at a later date play this back to a virtual venue. I obviously know how to do the playback part.

Looking at AGVCR, it appears that it can only capture RTP coming from a virtual venue. But what I want to do is essentially the reverse of 'Local Playback' - but I don't know how to record from localhost.

Cheers, Ben.

Ben Green

Access Grid Support Centre
Research Computing Services