[AG-TECH] AG 3.1 not running on Vista correctly

bruce kissinger brucekissinger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:32:58 CDT 2008

There was a recent post about running AG 3.1 under a Windows Vista system.
I've spent several hours trying to get it to work and have been unsuccessful.
Here's the message I receive when I try to run the Venue Client.

C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin>venueclient3.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\AGTk-3\bin\VenueClient3.py", line 16, in ?
    agversion.select(3)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\agversion.py", line 29, in select
    pythonKey = _winreg.OpenKey(_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, key)
WindowsError: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I looked at the Python script and it appears to be trying to find
something in the Windows Registry.

I'd appreciate any pointers that anyone can offer.

Bruce Kissinger