[AG-TECH] AG on the iPhone, anyone?

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Sun Jun 22 03:37:24 CDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, R. P. C. Rodgers wrote:

> In my previous message, I was focussed on the iPhone due to its announcement
> today -- but the Nokia and openmoko devices would remain of interest
> in this regard, and of course android is yet to really hit the streets.

Re. the Nokia N800/N810, there is a camera intended for videoconferencing
(facing the user on the N810), and there is python. There is a version of
Gizmo which supports video, using gstreamer.
All the APIs are documented and I imagine it would be possible to port AG
(beyond my skill level, though). Of course the iPhone gets lots more
media buzz because of the brand and the "pinch" GUI, but it has a smaller
screen.

There's a WiMax version of the N810 now in the US, working on Sprint. I'm
stuck with finding hotspots or paying through the nose for EDGE via my
phone (no unlimited data plans here, planless rate is 10c/Kb)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)