[AG-TECH] AG on the iPhone, anyone?

Brad Knowles bknowles at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:16:54 CDT 2008

R. P. C. Rodgers wrote:

>             Had ASKLEPiOS not been shut down (prompting my departure from
> NLM), trying a port as much as possible of AG to the latest iPhone would
> certainly have been on our TODO list.  There must be others out there now
> with this on their minds.  Anyone done a feasability analysis yet? I'd
> love to hear from you if so...

Well, one problem you'd have is that the iPhone camera faces the wrong way,
so you wouldn't be able to participate in a bi-directional video chat,
although you could passively listen/watch video from other sources.

Given that there is already a Mac OS X port for AG, it shouldn't be hard to
get it to work on the iPhone, which uses most of the same source code for
the OS.

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles at mail.utexas.edu>
The University of Texas at Austin, Information Technology Services, ITS-Unix