[AG-TECH] Tablet PC recommendations ?

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Fri Jun 13 16:48:48 CDT 2008

I was thinking of getting a tablet PC to use with a digital projector and
maybe remote apps (VNC ?); I'd been toying with the idea for a while and
I recall someone at the AG retreat was quite enthusiastic (sorry; I'm bad
at names but I believe it was one of the Australian members)

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for hardware/software apps.
We have a Dell Premier program and they are somewhat our site standard
for laptops, but the Latitude XT seems slower/more expensive than the
Lenovo X61 which a local vendor recommended.

It seems they want to ship with Vista nowadays; is it worth downgrading
to XP Tablet edition or do I just get >=2Gb RAM and hope for the best ?
(I tried the beta a while back and one of my favourite programs would not
run)

What PDF annotate application is recommended ? I couldn't find
"pdfannotate" but there seems to be "PDF annotator" and some others on
the tablet sites.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)