[AG-TECH]AG 3.2 beta 1 web broken link

Brad Knowles bknowles at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 24 17:14:01 CDT 2008

Thomas D. Uram wrote:

> What service(s) are loaded when it comes up?  What services do you
> add/remove?  Have you saved the configuration after adding/removing
> services?

The audio service seems to be loaded when it comes up, but not the video.  I
add that and save the configuration, then reboot the application, and it
comes back up again without the video.  But the USB Video class video device
is the only thing I add.

> Did you somehow determine that nothing was being transmitted?  Have you
> tested audio with some remote person, or captured outgoing packets perhaps?

I haven't done testing with an external party, no.  I'll try doing some
packet captures to see if anything is actually getting out or not.

> Very precisely, what were you doing when this happened?  There does seem
> to be an issue with wxPython windows not becoming active, but I haven't
> seen this as persistently as you describe.

IIRC, that was primarily from the main venue client application, but I saw
somewhat similar problems from all the others.

>                              We certainly need better support for
> firewall traversal, including limiting the number and range of ports
> used.  A clean description of your concerns will help.  Putting that in
> a bug report will allow others to comment on their experiences, too.

When I file a bug report, I'll make sure to include slices from the firewall
log.

>> Do I need to create a screencast to show you guys everything that is
>> going wrong here?
> That might be helpful, but even it would need to be accompanied by some
> additional detail like log files, etc., to completely frame the problems.

I'll keep that in mind.

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles at mail.utexas.edu>
The University of Texas at Austin, Information Technology Services, ITS-Unix