[AG-TECH]AG 3.2 beta 1 web broken link

Brad Knowles bknowles at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 24 17:37:46 CDT 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

> The audio service seems to be loaded when it comes up, but not the
> video.  I add that and save the configuration, then reboot the
> application, and it comes back up again without the video.  But the USB
> Video class video device is the only thing I add.

Of course, no sooner than I say this, and I decide to do a complete wipe and
re-install of AG3.2b1 and all associated resources.  Now everything seems to
at least come up.  The audio in rat is disabled by default, but that might
actually be an intentional design choice.  The video in vic now comes up as
soon as I enter a venue, although the shape of the window had changed.

My problem at the moment seems to be that there doesn't seem to be anyone
around that I can find to test with, so I can't be sure my audio and video
are transmitting correctly, or that I'm correctly receiving from them.

Are there any venues with clients that are always on?  Heck, even a plain
webcam that was tied into the system would allow me to at least verify that
I can receive data correctly....

>> Very precisely, what were you doing when this happened?  There does
>> seem to be an issue with wxPython windows not becoming active, but I
>> haven't seen this as persistently as you describe.
>
> IIRC, that was primarily from the main venue client application, but I
> saw somewhat similar problems from all the others.

After the re-install, I tested this again.  When the UI panes from rat or
vic are frontmost and accepting user input, none of the OS menu options can
be selected -- I'm guessing they don't have an associated menu to go along
with them, so MacOS X dutifully switches to visible but non-selectable
menus.  After using command-tab to get to other programs (including either
the AG launcher or the venue client), menu functions become available again.

I'll file a more detailed bug report a bit later.

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles at mail.utexas.edu>
The University of Texas at Austin, Information Technology Services, ITS-Unix