[AG-TECH] AG 3.1 and overlapping windows

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:47:26 CST 2008

Good afternoon all. Congrats to the team for the 3.1 release. I've
installed this release on several campus and remote machines (Windows
XP) and its performing very well. However, I'm coming into a user
problem when using the AG. I'm not sure about other releases, but this
release, once you click Go to connect to your Home Venue, all 3 video
and audio windows open on the same area of the screen and are on top
of each other. I don't want to sound mean about this, but my users are
extremely computer illiterate (to put it nicely) and do not know
enough to move the windows to another area of the desktop.

Since I'm not a Windows user, I'm not sure if its possible for an
application to remember the last placement of its windows the next
time it starts. Is this a Windows setting or is it a setting within
the AG? I noticed the Venue Client always starts in the same middle
bottom of the Desktop. I'd like a way of telling RAT to always start
in this area, VideoConsumer this area and VideoProducer in this area.

Is this even possible?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu