[AG-TECH] Accessgrid 3.1 can't unmute local video displays

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 13 09:48:42 CST 2008

Felix:

A couple questions:

- Did you have an earlier version of the AG installed on this machine?
If so, you may be using an older version of vic.  You should remove
everything under c:\documents and settings\<you>\application
data\accessgrid3\local_services, and try again.  This will ensure that
you are using the most recent vic executable.

- Are you using the VFW or WDM driver for your Videum card?  The use of
the 'external-in' port hints that you're using the vfw driver and that
you should update.  (The vfw driver should be becoming harder and harder
to find.  If you are using it, it should be clearly identified as vfw,
whereas the wdm driver probably has no clear designation.)

Tom