[AG-TECH] Ncast DCC Capture

Todd Zimmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
Wed Dec 17 13:13:57 CST 2008

> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 10:28 -0800, Hank Magnuski responded:
> >
> > What is less clear is compatibilty with Y-Pb-Pr component, and I think our
> > results are mixed after trying a few DVD players and other equipment.
> >
> > Does this camera have HDMI or DVI out? That would really be the connection you
> > would want to employ. We accept DVI and an HDMI to DVI converter is readily
> > available.

For HD out, the camera has component (DSub15) and HD-SDI (BNC).

http://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/static/files/mkt/industrialautomation/brochures/hidef/EVIHD1Brochure4.pdf

Any confirmation that this would work would be great.  Else, do you have specific camera recommendation / known good configurations for Windows and Linux?

I'm interested in the Telepresenter too.. specifically I'm interested in hearing feedback/success stories from the community.  Rough price??

> Hank Magnuski responded:
> > I'm still a big fan of what the Access Grid can bring to the world
> of  on-line collaboration, so we'll be pleased to help you get some HD
> streaming  going if we possibly can.

Sounds great!

Thanks,

Todd