[AG-TECH] Vic Source issue - Multiple Producers

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Sep 28 19:49:48 CDT 2007

Hi Todd,

> Wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the latest vic
> (vic-2.8ucl1.3.0-0.1.20070816svn.fc7)  We are running RHEL 5, but will
> test soon on F7.

You could try the vic-2.8ucl1.3.0-0.1.20070816svn.el5 RPM instead. I built
some i386 RHEL5/CentOS5 AG RPMs a few days ago:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/centos/
or the symlink:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/rhel/

> We have a machine with 3 capture cards - and when we enter a venue, all
> three vic's properly launch
> with all the proper settings (device/port); however, they 2 of them show
> up sending blue screen.
> When I open the vic options of one of the blue screen vics, I just have to
> select Port and reselect
> the port again (composite 1) and the video reappears.  As I mentioned, the
> port is properly set -
> and I don't unset it to something else before setting it again.  I just
> click onto the already set
> 'composite 1' setting and it appears.
>
> I also see this behavior when I manually start three vic's.  Each vic that
> is started kills the
> output (blue screens) of all the previously launched vics.

'dmesg' might give some indication of what's going on.

On RHEL5, try installing a kernel-2.6.22 RPM from Fedora Core6 updates and
see if you get the same symptoms with the V4L that comes with the newer
kernel.

Doug