[AG-TECH] Vic Source issue - Multiple Producers

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Fri Sep 28 15:30:05 CDT 2007

Wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the latest vic
(vic-2.8ucl1.3.0-0.1.20070816svn.fc7)  We are running RHEL 5, but will test soon on F7.

We have a machine with 3 capture cards - and when we enter a venue, all three vic's properly launch
with all the proper settings (device/port); however, they 2 of them show up sending blue screen.
When I open the vic options of one of the blue screen vics, I just have to select Port and reselect
the port again (composite 1) and the video reappears.  As I mentioned, the port is properly set -
and I don't unset it to something else before setting it again.  I just click onto the already set
'composite 1' setting and it appears.

I also see this behavior when I manually start three vic's.  Each vic that is started kills the
output (blue screens) of all the previously launched vics.

Email for more details - has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Todd