[AG-TECH] Vic Source issue - Multiple Producers (Again)

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 29 17:23:12 CDT 2007

On 30/10/2007, at 7:27 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:

> Todd Zimmerman wrote:
>> Douglas Kosovic wrote:
>>> You could try the vic-2.8ucl1.3.0-0.1.20070816svn.el5 RPM instead. I
>>> built some i386 RHEL5/CentOS5 AG RPMs a few days ago:
>>>  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/centos/
>>> or the symlink:
>>>  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/rhel/
>>>
>>> 'dmesg' might give some indication of what's going on.
>>>

>> New EL vic has same behaviour - no messages in dmesg.
>>
>> Didn't update the entire AG (just Vic) due to conflicts with epel
>> and some installed software - but,
>> same behavior when running multiple vics manually.
>>
>>> On RHEL5, try installing a kernel-2.6.22 RPM from Fedora Core6
>>> updates
>>> and see if you get the same symptoms with the V4L that comes with
>>> the
>>> newer kernel.
>>
>> May just go to Fedora - and will email if problem still exists.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Todd
>>

> This problem still exists on Fedora for me (AG3.1b2).  It exists on
> multiple computers; however....
> Am I the only person experiencing this?
>
> Symptoms are:
>
> Multiple video producers on Fedora and/or Redhat.
> When I join a room, the proper device and port are selected;
> however on some of the producers (not
> consistent... sometimes one, sometimes two etc) it is just blue
> output.  When I hit 'Menu' and
> reselect the port (not even deselect - just reselct) the camera
> source properly shows up.  Further,
> on many of these capture cards (bttv based Impact VCB) I have to
> select the Television input when in
> fact I'm using one of the Composite inputs....

Todd,

Newer versions of AGTk have updated input detection/selection code to
accommodate V4l2 devices available in new UCL vic. This means that
the ordering of detected devices is different to previous versions.
Its likely that your VideoProducerService's were configured with the
older device ordering, leading to problems similar to those you're
experiencing.

I recommend that you Remove the existing services (don't just try to
Configure the existing services), then Add new services (and Store
the result).

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland