[AG-TECH] Vic Source issue - Multiple Producers (Again)

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Mon Oct 29 16:27:31 CDT 2007

Todd Zimmerman wrote:
> Douglas Kosovic wrote:
>> You could try the vic-2.8ucl1.3.0-0.1.20070816svn.el5 RPM instead. I
>> built some i386 RHEL5/CentOS5 AG RPMs a few days ago:
>>  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/centos/
>> or the symlink:
>>  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/accessgrid3/rhel/
>>
>> 'dmesg' might give some indication of what's going on.
>>

> New EL vic has same behaviour - no messages in dmesg.
>
> Didn't update the entire AG (just Vic) due to conflicts with epel and some installed software - but,
> same behavior when running multiple vics manually.
>
>> On RHEL5, try installing a kernel-2.6.22 RPM from Fedora Core6 updates
>> and see if you get the same symptoms with the V4L that comes with the
>> newer kernel.
>
> May just go to Fedora - and will email if problem still exists.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd

This problem still exists on Fedora for me (AG3.1b2).  It exists on multiple computers; however....
Am I the only person experiencing this?

Symptoms are:

Multiple video producers on Fedora and/or Redhat.
When I join a room, the proper device and port are selected; however on some of the producers (not
consistent... sometimes one, sometimes two etc) it is just blue output.  When I hit 'Menu' and
reselect the port (not even deselect - just reselct) the camera source properly shows up.  Further,
on many of these capture cards (bttv based Impact VCB) I have to select the Television input when in
fact I'm using one of the Composite inputs....

Thoughts?

Todd