[AG-TECH] Reverting back to 3.0.2

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 18 16:10:39 CDT 2007

On 19/10/2007, at 5:50 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:

> I could never solve the problems of 3.1, so we decided to revert back
> to the latest build of 3.0.2. And I've got major problems now. I had
> to recreate our virtual venues by hand which was ok, but I can't even
> connect to the Venue server, the client just hangs forever.

Jeremy,

If you recreated your venues, I assume you were able to connect to
the server with the VenueManagement tool and I'm guessing that you
ran the VenueManagement tool on the same machine that the server was
running on. Are you able to run VenueClient on that same machine and
connect to the server? (I know the media tools won't work properly in
this case - just want to know if the VenueClient connection works).

chris

> I have removed all 3.1 related packages and reinstalled 3.0.2
> packages. I have also removed the .AccessGrid3 directory and
> VenueServer.cfg and VenueServer.dat files (everything is backed up of
> course).
>
> I start the Venue server with:
>
> VenueServer3.py --port=9000
>
> stdout looks perfect.
>
> On the client, I try to connect and the client hangs. I've tried both
> 3.1 beta clients and finally a 3.0.2 client. I have also tried running
> VenueClient locally on the venueserver too and no difference, the
> client just hangs.
>
> The *only* time any client can connect is if I manually kill the
> VenueServer3.py instance on the server.
>
> Even on the client, the logs look fine. I can't find any possible
> error in the log files which would explain this problem.
>

> --
> Jeremy Mann
> jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

> Bioinformatics Core Facility
> http://www.bioinformatics.uthscsa.edu
> Phone: (210) 567-2672

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland