[AG-TECH] Reverting back to 3.0.2

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:50:04 CDT 2007

I could never solve the problems of 3.1, so we decided to revert back
to the latest build of 3.0.2. And I've got major problems now. I had
to recreate our virtual venues by hand which was ok, but I can't even
connect to the Venue server, the client just hangs forever.

I have removed all 3.1 related packages and reinstalled 3.0.2
packages. I have also removed the .AccessGrid3 directory and
VenueServer.cfg and VenueServer.dat files (everything is backed up of
course).

I start the Venue server with:

VenueServer3.py --port=9000

stdout looks perfect.

On the client, I try to connect and the client hangs. I've tried both
3.1 beta clients and finally a 3.0.2 client. I have also tried running
VenueClient locally on the venueserver too and no difference, the
client just hangs.

The *only* time any client can connect is if I manually kill the
VenueServer3.py instance on the server.

Even on the client, the logs look fine. I can't find any possible
error in the log files which would explain this problem.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility