[AG-TECH] Reverting back to 3.0.2

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:23:33 CDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Christoph Willing <willing at vislab.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> On 19/10/2007, at 5:50 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:
>
> > I could never solve the problems of 3.1, so we decided to revert back
> > to the latest build of 3.0.2. And I've got major problems now. I had
> > to recreate our virtual venues by hand which was ok, but I can't even
> > connect to the Venue server, the client just hangs forever.
>
> Jeremy,
>

> If you recreated your venues, I assume you were able to connect to
> the server with the VenueManagement tool and I'm guessing that you
> ran the VenueManagement tool on the same machine that the server was
> running on. Are you able to run VenueClient on that same machine and
> connect to the server? (I know the media tools won't work properly in
> this case - just want to know if the VenueClient connection works).

I ran VenueClient and VenueManagement tools on the same computer as
the VenueServer. Neither would connect, just sit there hanging. I
eventually started trying things and something happened when I first
started to recreate the Venues. I deleted the cfg and dat files and
restarted the Venue Server. I could then connect to the default Lobby.
I then started VenueManagement and began readding my venues. Once I
was finished, I clicked 'Go' in my client and the same thing happened,
the client just hangs.

I started over this time, but after each venue I added, I clicked Go
on the VenueClient. Now I'm about halfway through adding our Venues
and the client is not hanging either on the server itself or an
external client in my office.

The only other thing I'm having difficulty with is restoring the
contents of each venues Data directory. I can't simply copy the old
directory to the new one, it doesn't show in the client window. I
guess I can lose this, because its not that important.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility