[AG-TECH] Rat and MBUS problems

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue May 22 16:09:15 CDT 2007

Hi Jeremy,

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 10:22 -0500, Jeremy Mann wrote:
> This MBUS problem just started this morning. We did have a power
> failure last night due to a storm, could that have affected it?
>
> On all Linux 2.4 clients, RAT doesn't start, but gives this error:

I assume you mean Linux AG 2.4 client rather than Linux kernel 2.4
clients.

You didn't have a USB webcam plugged in during the power up? It may have
become your primary audio device. Try running alsamixer on the
command-line to see what it thinks is the primary audio device.

Try switching from ALSA to OSS in rat and see if that helps.

If it is only happening to AG 2.4 rat and not AG 3.0.2 rat, copy the new
rat binary, e.g:

cp -p .AccessGrid3/local_services/AudioService/rat* \
      .AccessGrid/local_services/AudioService/

Doug