[AG-TECH] Rat and MBUS problems

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Tue May 22 10:22:12 CDT 2007

This MBUS problem just started this morning. We did have a power
failure last night due to a storm, could that have affected it?

On all Linux 2.4 clients, RAT doesn't start, but gives this error:

rat-4.2.22-media: simple.c:670: snd_mixer_selem_get_capture_volume:
Assertion `elem' failed.
RAT v4.2.22: Could not send mbus message (13:1)

If I load up a Windows 2.4 client, it works fine.

Same message occurs if we try to use the ANL venue server instead of
our own venue server. I've had to postpone today's AG meetings until
the RAT issue on Linux clients can be resolved.

Has anybody come across this problem before?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu