[AG-TECH] Jabber server

R. P. Channing ["Rick"] Rodgers rodgers at nlm.nih.gov
Thu May 10 10:34:45 CDT 2007

We are trying to do the same thing, so you might want to stay in touch.
The ANL Jabber
server is based on jabberd14, I believe, running on a Linux platform.
The problem at
our facility is that we are forced (yes, forced) to use PCs, we can not
find a pre-built
binary for jabberd for Windows, and the build instructions for that
platform date from 2003
(we have not yet attempted a build).  We experimented with the new
Java-based openfire
Jabber server, which appears to be more advanced than jabberd, and which
is successfully
deployed to many platforms -- but sadly, the jabber client in the AG
toolkit does not appear
to inter-operate with openfire.  Let's stay in touch, perhaps we can
collaborate on a solution.

Cheers, Rick Rodgers