[AG-TECH] Trouble installing on MacOSX

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 13 23:30:36 CDT 2007

Hi John,

> A newbie here...I am having trouble installing the software listed on the
> AG install page on Mac OSX 10.4.8. The installer page says to install
> wxPython2.6-osx-unicode-2.6.1.0 package, then TigerPython23Compat.pkg.
> Unfortunately, I got the order reversed. I first installed the
> TigerPython23Compat package (successfully I might add), then tried to
> install wxPython (I know- I'm an idiot!), and I don¹t know if that is what
> is causing the wxPhython installer to fail. But fail and fail and fail it
> does, I've restarted, run fsck, permissions, etc. etc. to no avail. I
> tried the uninstaller script, but that gives me lots of errors and no
> results. Any ideas on how to get up and running?

TigerPython23Compat just lets you use Python packages built for MacOS X 10.3
with Tiger. I don't think it is necessary for Intel MacOS X.

If you are using PPC Tiger, download and install:
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.6-osx-unicode-2.6.1.0-macosx10.3-py2.3.dmg

That PPC MacOS 10.3 wxPython2.6-osx-unicode-2.6.1.0 package will probably
fail on Intel Macs.

Not sure where to find the Intel wxPython2.6 package, as earlier versions of
wxPython are not listed on:
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/

On Intel MacOS X,  apart from X11, I don't think it is necessary to install
any of the dependencies listed on:
  http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/3.0.2/macosx.html
the wxPython that comes with Intel MacOS X seems to work.

Cheers,
Doug