[AG-TECH] building AG3 on ubuntu edgy

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 8 17:19:30 CST 2007

On 09/03/2007, at 8:21 AM, Brad Langhorst wrote:

[snip]

> Well, I think I'm making progress with the help you've given me.
> I've updated zsi to the head and figured out the problem with the
> path.
>
> Now I get a new error : No module named OpenSSL_AG.crypto
>
> I don't find anything similarly named in AccessGrid or in ag-media.
> I do have the openssl 0.9.8 and it's -dev package installed , though
> none of the configure scripts seemed to look for ssl headers.
>
> I thought maybe it was related to m2crypto... i had 0.16, so i
> upgraded
> to the 0.17 mentioned at
> http://www-new.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cvs.html
> but that did not seem to help.

Brad,

Are you checking out the AG head or r_3_0_2_final version from CVS?

AG3.0.2 has a dependency on pyOpenSSL tp provide the OpenSSL_AG
module (see: http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/pyOpenSSL/).

I guess thats not mentioned on the cvs.html page because it won't
needed for AG3.1 (cvs head), where it will be replaced by m2crypto.
In fact, the last change at the head to the problem X509Subject.py
file was to remove the OpenSSL_AG import.

chris

> I couldn't figure out how to do the equivalent of make clean in
> AccessGrid so I just re-checked everything out and rebuilt, no change.
>

> What am I missing?
>
> Brad
>
> full details below:
>
> bwlang at upup:/usr/src$ python AccessGrid/bin/VenueClient.py
> --personalNode
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "AccessGrid/bin/VenueClient.py", line 30, in ?
>     from AccessGrid.VenueClientUI import VenueClientUI
>   File "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/VenueClientUI.py", line 47,
> in ?
>     from AccessGrid.Security.wxgui.AuthorizationUI import
> AuthorizationUIDialog
>   File
> "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/AuthorizationUI.py",
> line
> 30, in ?
>     from AccessGrid.interfaces.AuthorizationManager_client import
> AuthorizationManagerIW
>   File
> "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/
> AuthorizationManager_client.py", line 7, in ?
>     from AuthorizationManager_messages import *
>   File
> "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/
> AuthorizationManager_messages.py", line 29, in ?
>     AddSubjectToRoleRequest =
> www_accessgrid_org_v3_0_authorizationmanager.AddSubjectToRoleRequest
> ().pyclass
>   File
> "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/
> AG_AuthorizationManager_Types.py", line 692, in __init__
>     TClist =
> [GTD("http://www.accessgrid.org/v3.0","X509Subject",lazy=False)
> (pname=(ns,"subject"), aname="subject", minOccurs=1, maxOccurs=1,
> nillable=False, typed=False, encoded=kw.get("encoded")), GTD
> ("http://www.accessgrid.org/v3.0","Role",lazy=False)(pname=
> (ns,"role"), aname="role", minOccurs=1, maxOccurs=1,
> nillable=False, typed=False, encoded=kw.get("encoded"))]
>   File
> "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/AG_NodeService_Types.py",
> line 479, in __init__
>     import AccessGrid.Security.X509Subject
>   File "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/Security/X509Subject.py", line
> 20, in ?
>     from OpenSSL_AG.crypto import X509NameType
> ImportError: No module named OpenSSL_AG.crypto

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland