[AG-TECH] building AG3 on ubuntu edgy

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Mar 9 09:42:27 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 09:19 +1000, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 09/03/2007, at 8:21 AM, Brad Langhorst wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Well, I think I'm making progress with the help you've given me.
> > I've updated zsi to the head and figured out the problem with the
> > path.
> >
> > Now I get a new error : No module named OpenSSL_AG.crypto
> >
> > I don't find anything similarly named in AccessGrid or in ag-media.
> > I do have the openssl 0.9.8 and it's -dev package installed , though
> > none of the configure scripts seemed to look for ssl headers.
> >
> > I thought maybe it was related to m2crypto... i had 0.16, so i
> > upgraded
> > to the 0.17 mentioned at
> > http://www-new.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cvs.html
> > but that did not seem to help.
>

> Brad,
>
> Are you checking out the AG head or r_3_0_2_final version from CVS?

I didn't want to have much hassle (hah!)
so i went for the 302 branch.

I guess I might as well just use the head at this point.
Which works!  ... I think.

I tried running python bin/VenueClient.py --personalNode
as suggested in README-developers, but that wants a numeric argument.
I'm using 1 but i don't  know why you'd ever specify that option with a
non true value.

Does it make sense to set the default to 1?

Is there some venue I can connect to to test things out (eg video
producer, video consumer and audio) ?

brad