[AG-TECH] building AG3 on ubuntu edgy

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Mar 8 16:21:02 CST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:12 -0600, Eric Olson wrote:

> The error you're getting:
>
>  > ImportError: No module named AccessGrid.Toolkit
>
> means python can't find the 3.0 "AccessGrid" or "AccessGrid.Toolkit"
> module(s).  It is likely that your PYTHONPATH is not set correctly.  The
> env-init.sh is supposed to set it.  You can do "echo ${PYTHONPATH}" to
> see what its value is and then correct it.  If you need more help with
> that part, let me know.
>
> Yes, a debian/ubuntu package is definitely needed.  It's been worked on
> but not finished.
>
> If you have any more problems, please send mail.
>
> Eric

Well, I think I'm making progress with the help you've given me.
I've updated zsi to the head and figured out the problem with the path.

Now I get a new error : No module named OpenSSL_AG.crypto

I don't find anything similarly named in AccessGrid or in ag-media.
I do have the openssl 0.9.8 and it's -dev package installed , though
none of the configure scripts seemed to look for ssl headers.

I thought maybe it was related to m2crypto... i had 0.16, so i upgraded
to the 0.17 mentioned at
http://www-new.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cvs.html
but that did not seem to help.

I couldn't figure out how to do the equivalent of make clean in
AccessGrid so I just re-checked everything out and rebuilt, no change.

What am I missing?

Brad

full details below:

bwlang at upup:/usr/src$ python AccessGrid/bin/VenueClient.py
--personalNode
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AccessGrid/bin/VenueClient.py", line 30, in ?
    from AccessGrid.VenueClientUI import VenueClientUI
  File "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/VenueClientUI.py", line 47, in ?
    from AccessGrid.Security.wxgui.AuthorizationUI import
AuthorizationUIDialog
  File
"/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/AuthorizationUI.py", line
30, in ?
    from AccessGrid.interfaces.AuthorizationManager_client import
AuthorizationManagerIW
  File
"/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/AuthorizationManager_client.py", line 7, in ?
    from AuthorizationManager_messages import *
  File
"/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/AuthorizationManager_messages.py", line 29, in ?
    AddSubjectToRoleRequest =
www_accessgrid_org_v3_0_authorizationmanager.AddSubjectToRoleRequest().pyclass
  File
"/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/AG_AuthorizationManager_Types.py", line 692, in __init__
    TClist =
[GTD("http://www.accessgrid.org/v3.0","X509Subject",lazy=False)(pname=(ns,"subject"), aname="subject", minOccurs=1, maxOccurs=1, nillable=False, typed=False, encoded=kw.get("encoded")), GTD("http://www.accessgrid.org/v3.0","Role",lazy=False)(pname=(ns,"role"), aname="role", minOccurs=1, maxOccurs=1, nillable=False, typed=False, encoded=kw.get("encoded"))]
  File
"/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/interfaces/AG_NodeService_Types.py",
line 479, in __init__
    import AccessGrid.Security.X509Subject
  File "/usr/src/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/Security/X509Subject.py", line
20, in ?
    from OpenSSL_AG.crypto import X509NameType
ImportError: No module named OpenSSL_AG.crypto