Re [AG-TECH] Tabletop-Room mic with integrated echo canceling

Ed Brannin edbrannin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:03:54 CDT 2007

On 6/20/07, Michael Braitmaier <braitmaier at hlrs.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> [snip]
> I decided for a solution which is in the beginning a bit more work. I
> ended up buying the following DSP-EchoCanceler-Board
>
> http://www.phnxaudio.com/Default.aspx?tabid=75
>
> Basically it does the same as their PCI-Card which however only fits in
> Desktop-PCs. (see link for information: http://www.accessgrid.org/node/116
> )

We've had a SOHO card for a while, but never installed it until today.
Sadly, it performed just like the hardware listing said:

It doesn't work.  At least, not in a small, square room with wall-mounted
speakers.  We played a video on the computer, then watched Rat's talk levels
match William Shatner's voice.

>From your email, it's hard to tell if you're using their DSP board, or if
you've just bought one and still need to put it together.  Either way, I'd
like to know: does your way of doing it actually cancel any echo?

Thanks,
-Ed Brannin @ RIT
edbrannin at gmail.com

PS: So far, we've been most pleased with an Accumic PC.  We've also had
mixed results from chaining together several of Phoenix Audio's Duet
Executive microphones, but the seem to work in our current arrangement.