[AG-TECH] Tabletop-Room mic with integrated echo canceling

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Wed Jun 20 10:29:45 CDT 2007

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know, what I finally came up with.
As availability of the ClearOne AccuMic PC is very rare and is not
produced anymore (according to my national reseller)
I decided for a solution which is in the beginning a bit more work. I
ended up buying the following DSP-EchoCanceler-Board

http://www.phnxaudio.com/Default.aspx?tabid=75

Basically it does the same as their PCI-Card which however only fits in
Desktop-PCs. (see link for information: http://www.accessgrid.org/node/116)
In addition to the board I bought some stuff to put everything in a
small case and have 3.5mm (like they are common among PCs) connectors in
that case.
The result is a small echo canceler device that is portable can be used
with PCs and Laptops and in conjunction with small audio mixers
like from Behringer it can echo cancel a tabletop and a wireless mic.
The whole cost only was about 180Euro for the complete box.

Fields of application for us will be, to quickly equip rooms with
AccessGrid in conjunction with a table top microphone for conferences up
to a max. of ~10 people.
Furthermore usage on exhibitions in conjunctions with wireless mics,
AccessGrid and our collaborative software is intended.

I consider that cheap and more flexible even compared to the ClearOne
AccuMic PC which in Germany was around 650 Euro.

So that's my 2 cent.

I might post an entry in AccessGrid.org's hardware section, however I am
not sure whether that would be of use as you can't buy that box
but only the parts to assemble it.

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inf. Michael Braitmaier