[AG-TECH] Patched vic for incoming port?

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 19 13:09:48 CDT 2007

Jeremy, i should also add that the SUMOVER net-ip.cpp was replaced with the
ANL cvs net-ip.cpp in my vic installation.  i'd forgotten that quite important
issue.

-fd

Hi Jeremy,

> Is there a patch or patched version of VIC to cope with the random
> incoming port issue that was discussed at the Retreat? I've tried
> SUMOVERs and the one from VISLAB. I think I remember reading a thread
> that this was fixed in a Windows version of VIC.

I think you are referring to the "Try to match source port to dest port
before using ephemeral source port" fix which can be seen in the logs for
net-ip.cpp here:
  http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/ag-media/vic/net/

Similar modifications to net-ip.cpp in SUMOVER SVN don't appear to be there:
  http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/browser/vic/branches/mpeg4/net

The UQ Vislab DV/HDV vic should have those modifications as it's source was
based on AG vic, if it's some other vic from UQ Vislab, it's probably a
recent UCL vic from the SUMOVER SVN.

Cheers,
Doug