[AG-TECH] Limit for number of video devices?

Derek Piper dcpiper at indiana.edu
Wed Jan 31 09:10:27 CST 2007

	I have to ask, since recording was mentioned :>, why it would be
important for you to record just your own video streams? If you want to
record whole meetings, I'd direct your attention to AGVCR (yes, a plug
for my own project... who'd have thought it?) since it's designed to
record AccessGrid meetings. Of course, you can do both, I just wondered
out of curiosity what your reasons for wanting a copy video out were.
	http://iri.informatics.indiana.edu/~dcpiper/agvcr/

	Derek

Almuth Barta wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> that's, what I understand. We thought of using simulstream to be able to
> record the video at the same time.
> The only problem I have is, that I cannot choose the fourth input of the
> capture card for AGN because each video input of the capture card gives
> 4 devices in the list of available video devices and the list in AG
> Client software seems to be limited to show the first 10 only.
> When all 16 "devices" would be shown, I could choose one for each of the
> 4 cameras possibly connected.
>
> What I have found is the file config.py in
> c:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Accessgrid3\Accessgrid\Platform\win32
>
> herein is
>
> def GetResources(self)
>
> here I see a vfwscan.exe and a wdmscan.exe and finally a search in the
> registry. The registry has no entries for the osprey card at the
> searched location, so I think I cannot add something there.
> I didn't find more about vfwscan and wdmscan until now.
>
> Still hoping for a hint.
> Almuth
>

> John I Quebedeaux Jr wrote:
>> Almuth,
>>
>> Simulstream is the Osprey's software for allowing multiple
>> applications to access the same stream. It  isn't usually needed for
>> AG use unless you're requiring that multiple applications are needing
>> access to the same stream. For example,  It could be useful if you
>> wanted to web-stream your outputs as well as have VIC transmit them.
>> If you look, you now have multiple copies of the same stream available
>> to you.... from each capture.
>>
>> -John Q.
>>
>> --
>>
>> John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.; Louisiana State University
>>
>> Computer Manager LBRN; 131 Life Sciences Bldg.
>>
>> e-mail: johnq at lsu.edu <mailto:johnq at lsu.edu>; web: http://lbrn.lsu.edu
>>
>> phone: 225-578-0062 / fax: 225-578-2597
>>

>> On Jan 30, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Almuth Barta wrote:
>>
>>> I don't want to use 16 cameras, of course.
>>> But I want to get the complete list to be able to choose the ones I
>>> need (i.e. those numbered 1A.1, 1B.1, 1C.1 and 1D.1)
>>>
>>> Almuth

>>> --
>>> Almuth Barta
>>> Systemadministratorin
>>> Max-Planck-Institut für Gravitationsphysik / Albert-Einstein-Institut
>>> Am Mühlenberg 1,  14476 Potsdam-Golm
>>> Tel.: +49 (0)331 567 7304   Fax:  +49 (0)331 567 7298
>>> e-mail: almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de <mailto:almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de>

Derek Piper - dcpiper at indiana.edu - (812) 856 0111
IRI 323, School of Informatics
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana