[AG-TECH] Limit for number of video devices?

Almuth Barta almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jan 31 02:57:15 CST 2007

Hi John,

that's, what I understand. We thought of using simulstream to be able to
record the video at the same time.
The only problem I have is, that I cannot choose the fourth input of the
capture card for AGN because each video input of the capture card gives
4 devices in the list of available video devices and the list in AG
Client software seems to be limited to show the first 10 only.
When all 16 "devices" would be shown, I could choose one for each of the
4 cameras possibly connected.

What I have found is the file config.py in
c:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Accessgrid3\Accessgrid\Platform\win32

herein is

def GetResources(self)

here I see a vfwscan.exe and a wdmscan.exe and finally a search in the
registry. The registry has no entries for the osprey card at the
searched location, so I think I cannot add something there.
I didn't find more about vfwscan and wdmscan until now.

Still hoping for a hint.
Almuth

e-mail: almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de