[AG-TECH] Limit for number of video devices?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 30 11:21:18 CST 2007

Addressing the technical limitation:  Yes, vic is hardcoded to
scan for ten devices.  I think vic should be able to discover
all the devices, so I'm copying the UCL media tools
developers, who will likely be the ones to address this.

I agree with Derek that you would likely overwhelm typical
AG participants.  But I also think that you should have access
to all those capture devices, for a couple reasons:  (1) because
you should be able to access /any/ capture device on your
system; (2) because we shouldn't have hard-coded limits;
(3) because you should be able to do whatever interesting things
you like.

If you want to modify vic yourself and rebuild it, the hard-coding
is in vic/video/grabber-win32DS.h, in the global variable NUM_DEVS.

Tom