[AG-TECH] Re: Compiling VIC in Visual Studio 8 (2005)

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jan 30 02:49:25 CST 2007

Hi,

If you are using unicast, this is the way in which it works.  Only one of the vic instances can bind to the unicast port, which means that sometimes you will see video in the VideoConsumerService window, and sometimes in the VideoProducerService window.  It is fairly random as to which gets the video.  In any case, the quickbridge process that performs the bridging will never send anything you send back to you, so you will never see your video in the VideoConsumerService window when using unicast.  You should see your video in both windows when using multicast, although this will depend on your networking setup and operating system.

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,