[AG-TECH] Re: Compiling VIC in Visual Studio 8 (2005)

Sam Gundry sgundry at vpac.org
Mon Jan 29 23:20:44 CST 2007

Hi Piers,

Thanks for your feedback, VIC now compiles.

When I run Access Grid and VIC is invoked, the video image captured from
my camera is transmitted properly - I can view it in Access Grid on a
remote machine. Good.

However, no video thumbnail appears locally. That is, the "Waiting for
Video" text disappears but no thumbnail appears in the
VideoConsumerService window.

I have attached the debug. (I've added a bit of my own output to assist.)

Video works fine when I replace my own compiled VIC binary with an
already available binary, VIC v2.8ucl 1.2.1.

Thanks heaps for any advice or feedback. Below is a description of the
changes I made to compile VIC in VS8.0.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Changes I made to compile VIC:

- Added the DirectX SDK include and library paths.
- Added the command line argument "/FORCE:multiple" to avoid already
defined linker errors (Is this an issue with the order of libraries
linked?):
> 11>LIBCMTD.lib(strtol.obj) : warning LNK4006: _strtol already defined in strtol.obj; second definition ignored
> 11>LIBCMTD.lib(strtol.obj) : warning LNK4006: _strtoul already defined in strtoul.obj; second definition ignored
> 11>LIBCMTD.lib(printf.obj) : warning LNK4006: _printf already defined in win32.obj; second definition ignored

- And commented out a section in the function "find_win32_interface()"
in "common/src/net_udp.c" to avoid the follow errors (the comments said
this would have ramifications with RAT, which I don't require at present):