[AG-TECH] macbook pro video (vic) troubles

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 05:01:15 CST 2007

Hi,

This kind of sounds like a firewall problem.  RAT uses the same port for send and receive and so may poke a return path on the firewall for incoming traffic.  Vic uses different ports for sending from receiving, and so doesn't do this.  The odd thing about this is that it works when you close the video consumer service - I have never known that to work, but maybe it sends out a packet from the receive socket as it closes?

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,