[AG-TECH] Combining 2.4 and 3.0 venue servers

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 02:57:09 CST 2007

Hi,

The reason that you cannot have two bridge servers on the same machine is that QuickBridge disables the return of multicast packets to the sending machine (known as multicast loopback), so packets sent by one bridge cannot be received by the other.  If you need to do this, you would need to modify quickbridge.  This could cause a looping of packets (it shouldn't do, but I could not have thought of something).

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,