[AG-TECH] node configuration problems with multi-machine node

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 23 19:55:57 CDT 2007

On 24/08/2007, at 5:52 AM, James Miller wrote:

> I have an XP display machine which runs the venue client and the
> node configuration.  My capture box for audio and video is an
> Ubuntu machine with 4 Hauppauge cards all identical using the bt878
> chipset.  I have multiple video producer services set up using
> streams /dev/video0 through video3 , but for some reason, when a
> venue is launched, all 4 of the capture windows enable the same
> device (/dev/video3)  The interesting thing is that I can rename
> the streams in the node configuration on display, and the stream
> names make it to the capture box.  For some reason, the
> ServiceManager just won't open teh proper device for each stream.
>
> Once the streams are up, I can go to the menu of each stream on the
> capture box, and select the proper device which brings up the
> proper stream, but it still doesn't remember it's setting when
> switching venues.

Jim,

I just tried a test using AG3.0.2 and the same XP + Ubuntu OS
combination. Instead of 4 separate capture cards, I used a single 4
input capture card (4x bt878 chips). It seemed to work fine changing
between a number of different venues at different servers.

My guess is that the version of vic has become out of sync with your
Video*Services. Could you try the following?
   - on the display machine, remove all the video producer services
from your configuration, save it & exit VenueClient.
   - on the capture machine, make sure you have the latest vic and AG
toolkit (after updating Synaptic or apt-get).
   - shut down the AGServiceManager. Now erase the Video*Services
currently being used; something like:
         rm -rf ~/.AccessGrid3/local_services/Video*
     will do that (assuming you're logged in as the user who normally
runs AGServiceManager). New services will be added there when they're
needed.
   - restart AGServiceManager.
   - back on the display machine, starte the VenueClient, add the
VideoProducerServices again etc.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland