[AG-TECH] High End Portable Access Grid System

Darren Spidell dspidell at mta.ca
Tue Apr 17 07:49:10 CDT 2007

Jason,
Here at Mount Allison University we are part of a consortium that got
funding for AG equipment. The group went to tender with it. We ended up
with an InSORS cart system. It is pretty much what you are describing as
your requirements: Dell 390 workstation, 2-50" Panasonic plasma screens,
ClearOne RAV900 for echo cancellation, 3 Sony EVI D70C cameras, Winnov
viddum 004 VO capture card(4 channel), Matrox Millennium QID LP quad
head video card.

While this system is on a cart, I would hesitate to call it portable. It
could be moved around the floor, but not between buildings or even
between floors without removing one, or both of the plasma screens. It
is over 8 feet long with the 2 plasmas mounted.

Darren

Jason Bell wrote:
> Dear colleagues
>
> I have been asked to investigate the building of a high end portable
> Access Grid system.  The purpose of this email is to find out if anyone
> has built such a system and to "hopefully" obtain information on such a
> system.
>
> Currently I am looking at a setup with the following spec's:
>
> *	System must be portable, ie, on a trolley or table with wheels;
>
> *	2 large plasma or LCD screens;
>
> *	Multiple cameras;
>
> *	Single or multiple computers;
>
> *	Good audio setup, whether the use of a Clearone XAP400, or some
> other lower Audio echo canceller (I personally would like something
> better that an Acumic II);
>
> Therefore, if you have built such a system, I would like to hear how it
> performs, the hardware used and any pictures or diagrams would also be
> excellent.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Jason.

> Jason Bell, B.I.T.
> B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student
>
> Network Engineer
> Information Technology Division
> Central Queensland University
>
> High Performance Computing Support Officer
> Central Queensland University
>
> E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
> Phone : 07 4930 9229

> Patience is a virtue.