[AG-TECH] High End Portable Access Grid System

Bob Riddle bdr at umich.edu
Tue Apr 17 06:40:32 CDT 2007

take a look at: http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Ebdr/et/gocart/index.html

When using a firewire hub, you can support multiple firewire cameras (or
use "normal" cameras that are connected to a Canopus analog/digital
converter which is then plugged into the firewire hub.  We choose to
mount a single LCD screen for simplicity and because this "go-cart" is
used for a number of different collaborative technologies.

Jason Bell wrote:
> Dear colleagues
>
> I have been asked to investigate the building of a high end portable
> Access Grid system.  The purpose of this email is to find out if anyone
> has built such a system and to "hopefully" obtain information on such a
> system.
>
> Currently I am looking at a setup with the following spec's:
>
> *	System must be portable, ie, on a trolley or table with wheels;
>
> *	2 large plasma or LCD screens;
>
> *	Multiple cameras;
>
> *	Single or multiple computers;
>
> *	Good audio setup, whether the use of a Clearone XAP400, or some
> other lower Audio echo canceller (I personally would like something
> better that an Acumic II);
>
> Therefore, if you have built such a system, I would like to hear how it
> performs, the hardware used and any pictures or diagrams would also be
> excellent.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Jason.

> Jason Bell, B.I.T.
> B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student
>
> Network Engineer
> Information Technology Division
> Central Queensland University
>
> High Performance Computing Support Officer
> Central Queensland University
>
> E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
> Phone : 07 4930 9229

> Patience is a virtue.
>
> But if I wanted Patience,
> I would have become a Doctor.

Bob Riddle (bdr @ umich.edu)            Enabling Technologies
University of Michigan Medical School   1301 Catherine Street
M4101 MSB1 - 6024                       Ann Arbor, Michigan  48109-0624

"Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people"