[AG-TECH] AG3.0.2 Beacon service and unicast

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Thu Sep 28 06:50:35 CDT 2006

I recently tested AG3.0.2 with our unicast bridge and found out that the
VenueClient seems to hang when I switch to our unicast bridge.
Of course I assumed this might be related to our bridge server, but it
showed the same behaviour with the Argonne Bridge.
The quick bridge output of our bridge in the console however was fine,
just the VenueClient didn't stop hanging.
So I deactivated the "Run Beacon" option in the preferences and
everything is ok and works fine.

It seems to me that there is something wrong with the integrated mc
beacon when using unicast. Of course
it makes no sence having a beacon on unicast, but as it is enabled be
default it should at least don't cause
problems when switching to unicast use.

But possibly I am the only one having such problems?

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inf. Michael Braitmaier