[AG-TECH] Use Unicast greyed out

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 2 13:00:10 CDT 2006

The BridgeServer runs against individual venues or against a whole venue
server.
In a venue with a registered bridge, the 'Use Unicast' option will
display a message
that no bridges are available, as of (I think) AG2.4.  Earlier AG2
versions will
gray out the 'Use Unicast' menu item so it is not selectable.

There should be an indication of the problem in the bridge server log or
the venue
server log.  Some possible problems here are:

- bridge certificate has insufficient privileges or is invalid
- time on one of the machines is not accurately set
- venue server hostname not recognized by bridge machine

> What is needed for the Venue Client to detect de bridge?.
If the bridge successfully registers with the venue, it should be
represented
in the venueclient.  There is no communication of control info between the
venueclient and the bridge (the only data transferred is media data).

Tom