[AG-TECH] AG3 add service manager

George Estes gestes at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu May 18 13:46:13 CDT 2006

   I'm setting up a multi-machine AG3 node,  display and audio on XP and
video capture on Linux.  I have tried repeatedly and cannot get the venue
client to add a service manager for the linux machine.  The venue client
displays this error "Can not add service manager to node service: get
addrinfo failed".  I've tried all the fixes I remember from the 2 version
with no luck.
   This is the venue client log:
05/18/06 13:32:54 3332
NodeManagementUIClasses     nodemanagementuiclasses.py:846 ERROR Exception
in AddHost
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid\NodeManagementUIClasses.py",
line 844, in AddHost
     self.nodeServiceHandle.AddServiceManager( url )
   File
"C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\AccessGrid3\AccessGrid\interfaces\AGNodeService_client.py",
line 38, in AddServiceManager
     self.binding.Send(None, None, request,
soapaction="urn:#AddServiceManager", **kw)
   File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\ZSI\client.py", line 254, in Send
     self.h.connect()
   File "C:\Python23\lib\httplib.py", line 535, in connect
     socket.SOCK_STREAM):
gaierror: (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')

Any help appreciated,
George